Thursday 23 October 2014

Memories

Sitting at work today, an email from my best mate popped up entitled "memories".  The email was full of pictures of "The German Lady" who, for those of you who have not read my previous blog post, was my first Benz and is responsible for my love of classic Mercedes-Benzes.  She was a 1976 W116 280SE


The photographs were taken back in 2009 and my mate found them on what he thought was a black CD in his office.

It is great to have some pictures of the old girl :)





 This photo makes me smile.  Look at the length of the car!!

 Classic RAC sticker and A-pillar detailing which prevents water runoff from the windscreen going onto the side windows

 Double chrome bumpers were such a great feature of the W116

These sheepskin seat covers had protected the original fabric seats 

Blue interior.  Like the seat covers the dashboard carpet was installed when the car was new, the dashboard below was perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment