Friday 6 March 2015

Ready for the weekend

Following last week's exciting parts find, I am returning to the same place tomorrow to dig a bit deeper and see what else I can find.

Before bringing more parts home, I thought it was best to reduce the mounting pile residing on my verandah, which several days ago copped the disapproving comment of ".... are you starting a salvage yard?" from my Father in Law.  Honestly, some people have no appreciation of historical artefacts, haha!

Last weekend's "Historical Artefacts" after a good wash and dead bug removal 

So, in keeping with the saying "a picture says a thousand words", here is a photo diary of Leif's replacement door install.  I will admit the colour match is off a bit, and the hinges still need aligning, but I will sort that out when the hinge repair kits I have ordered arrive from the UK.

"Beauty is only skin deep." This was certainly true for Leif's passenger door.  The external skin was relatively crease and blemish free, but the frame behind it was in a terrible state.

Yuk...

...YUK...

...YUKIER...

...YUKIST!!!
This is supposed to be the sliding window channel!

Off with her head! Well, door top to start with

Door bottom removed, and pre-owned door is ready to be installed

Pre-owned panels installed and working.  
Paint will come later, probably in line with the time I win Lotto, haha

This simple process has made me realise that I need to correct my terminology.  Previously I have referred to Leif as a "restoration" project, perhaps "renovation" may be more fitting as she will not be returned to her former glory, rather she will be given a new lease of life.  

Further to this, I have had several Tyrobenz followers ask why I refer to Leif as a "she" considering the masculinity of the vehicle and the origins of the name.  I had always thought all modes of transport were female as they are in the french language, but to keep the peace I have done some research and it's time for Leif to have a sex-change.  From here on she will be a he, and he will be a renovation project!


Have a great weekend everyone!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment