Thursday 9 July 2015

She's Alive!!!!!

Earlier this week I was so excited that I had managed to fit in some time between meetings to take UGU for a quick drive to blow the dust off her.  When I got to her all I received was a terrible impersonation of the Terminator winking at me!

Ignition, but no go


Needless to say, I was gutted, but I have no one to blame but myself.  It was stupid of me to just leave UGU in the garage thinking she would be ready and waiting when called upon; it has been over a month since she turned a wheel, and even then it was only to drive 2 kms!

Instead of taking her for a drive I ended up pulling the battery out after noting the red indicator on the battery which stated "do not recharge", bugger!

Red indicator, battery is stuffed

Not knowing how old the battery actually was, it was probably due for replacement anyway.  After a quick call to the RAC, the battery man turned up with a replacement, taking the old battery away.

Leif over-sees the exchange

Out with the old, in with the new

Just a point of interest, if you are able to fit the battery yourself the RAC offers members a further $25 reduction in the price. Confident in my ability to tighten two nuts I opted for this saving so $180 for a new battery, happy with that.

UGU's empty battery tray waiting for the replacement

With the new battery in, off we went to check the tyre pressure before making another detour on the way to a work appointment.

Tyre pressures checked and topped up

Quick detour for a photo opportunity

To make it up to UGU for my terrible behaviour and neglect, I have booked her in for a service at the end of the month with my trusty mechanic, Walter Epple.





No comments:

Post a Comment