Thursday 27 November 2014

Bye Bye Jade

Feeling pretty sad today, Jade is going to be picked up tomorrow by a friend who is going to remove her motor and gearbox to help save one last /8 before her rusty carcass finally is laid to rest.  I have stripped as much as I can and have lots of good bits that I hope will be able to help some other fellow enthusiasts.

This process has definitely made me realise I am not set up for the deconstruction of these beautiful cars, but rather as a lover of them.  Even though from the first few days of ownership of Jade, I knew she was destined to be a parts car, but that did not stop me getting attached to her.

My eyes have been opened to how luck I was when I bought UGU, she has next to no rust, thank goodness, and whilst temperamental, she is pretty bloody awesome!

You will no doubt have noticed that Jade is some what further dismantled than my previous posts, but I will back track and share my experiences with you all.

Bon voyage Jade, it has been educational.

Stripped and ready for collection.  
I still cannot get over how straight those panels are!!


I was amazed how easy it was to remove the windscreen!

I ran out of time to remove the heater, but hoping to learn another day

Fender removed and surprisingly no rust!

Reduce to a pile of parts and a few boxes.  Sad!

One last hurrah!

1 comment: