Thursday 1 January 2015

Introducing Leif

Well, she is here, and just in time to celebrate New Year's Eve at her new home.

Lief arrived at the Tyro Workshop on Tuesday 30th December, having survived the 420km trip from Denmark in the beautiful South West region of Western Australia, via Cannington on the outskirts of Perth, before the last short leg to me.  I wish to thank the previous owner, Farr's Transport of Denmark and Perth Tow for your efforts in getting her home.

Leif & Leif at Farr's Transport yard, Denmark WA

I first used Perth Tow to deliver Jade several months back and I was very happy to use Steve's services again, not only because he is a decent bloke, but also because he loves the breed of dog that I have, a West Highland Terrier, so we have lots to chat about.

My dog "Poppy" and UGU on our Wedding Day 2012

Leif gets delivered thanks to Steve of Perth Tow

With anyone who buys a vehicle unseen, the first thing you don't want to hear the when she gets dropped off is the truck driver saying "you know she has no brakes..."!! Errrr, no I didn't know that.

Initially I started to get very nervous - what had I bought? But as I sat behind the wheel for the first time, and Steve lowered Leif off the flat bed using the winch, it dawned on me that this is exactly what I want, a project.  By the time all four tyres touched the bitumen my excitement had returned and I knew what my second task would be - fix the brakes. What's the first task you ask, a good wash of course haha!

Perth Tow: Steve Harshaw
Tel: 0458 226 088
Email: oneale67@hotmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment