Wednesday 28 January 2015

This is why being a car enthusiast is awesome!

For those out there who don't quite understand the enjoyment I get out of being involved in the world of car enthusiasts, here is a perfect example of why I love it.

A few weeks ago, a fellow member of the Mercedes-Benz W114 Facebook group W(A)114/115, who lives on the other side of the country from me, and who I have only spoken to via posts in the group, was on holiday south of Sydney last week.  Whilst on holiday he popped into a second hand book store and came across a complete set of original Land Rover Literature from 1970 and instantly thought of me!

Having paid the princely sum of $3 for them, they arrived in the post today and I am absolutely thrilled with them.

What I find incredible is the fact that they are the same age as Leif, and that they still have their original sleeve to keep the three books together!

I can't help but think of the work that went into the making of these manuals; the hand drawings that fill their pages are nothing short of beautiful, yet detailed pieces of artwork.

Thanks Murray, you are a champion!

Original manuals and sleeve from 1969!

A little piece of history - battered but beautiful

Forget Monet, this is my kind of artwork!  
Check out the level of detail and shading

Who better to explain the correct gearing positions than the manufacturer


So, I guess it's time to get to the second hand book stores; who knows what manuals can be found there!


No comments:

Post a Comment